Elites are special types of zombies in the game that are characterized by their higher health and special skills that make them more difficult than normal zombies.
- Elites are not much different in appearance than their normal counterparts save for a purple tint and skills; elites are often bosses for early stages and encountered frequently in the later ones.
- These zombies are noticeably larger than normal ones and possess a name over them as opposed to their skills, but can easily be just as dangerous since their skills aren't visible at first.
- In the later stages, they become more frequent as mini-bosses rather than Elites, and are generally encountered before story bosses.
- Special Bosses (Story Bosses)
- Special characters affected by The Source that are unique in appearance and are fought at the end of the chapter starting at 3-8. Unlike Elites and normal Bosses, they possess five health bars and special attacks of their own.
- Currently there are only four Story Bosses: Raiden Mei, Palefox, Bronya and Himeko.
- Each one can be fought on a weekly rotation during Events for special equipment in four difficulties: (Medium, Senior, Supreme, and SSS/Nightmare).
Note: Tested using the Elite Hunter skill.
For example, my damage to normal zombies is 1693. My damage to zombies with skills (disregarding Thick Skin) is 2116. My damage to larger version zombies, Raiden Mei, Palefox, & Bronya however is still 1693, the same amount dealt to regular zombies.
This experiment proved 2 things: 1) Elite Hunter only affects zombies with visible attributes who are therefore Elites, and 2) Bosses/larger zombies are not considered the same as Elites.
However, damage dealt to Palefox's green and black hitodama (sprit flame) is affected by the Elite Hunter skill. (damage normally is about 2600 while damage to the hitodama is about 3000)
These are a list of abilities that Elites and Bosses can posses. An Elite/Boss can have more than one skill and skills that are activated or active pulse in the skill bar.
This attribute make player deal considerably less damage. If combine with Shaman's Reduce Attack ability, this can cause significantly reduced damage, and can lead to ammo exhaustion if attended lightly.
Gain speed can considered an useful in some weapon with high knockback, as it will continuously run into player and get knockback, decrease chance of miss and guarantee hit in shotgun weapon type.
But it can also causing trouble such as if that elite is detonator or nuker as its high speed can easily outrun player and nuke them. Be sure to have some extra plan if it really went wrong.
If combine with other attribute, the zombie can be extremely lethal.
If combine with Poison Mist, mist will also gain extra damage and making short range undesirable.
If combine with Stab, Reverse damage will be higher too, make timing more impotent.
If combine with Throwing and/or Egg Bomb, those bomb will have increased damage as while.
This attribute can be avoid by use long range attack, or use some clothing. Not lethal by itself, it can cause havok if not deal with.
It's not dangerous by itself. It can cause considerably trouble if not deal with.
This attribute tend to teleport zombie just behind player, considerably increasing chance of survival for that zombie and make it harder to be hit continuously. But if zombies are biting player, it will not teleport away unless push back or knocked back
This is one of deadliest attribute as reverse movement can put player in middle of zombie instead of going out of it, in which put player in really bad situation.
This skill is one of deadliest. It can immobilize player, leave them vulnerable for few second, which can cause death if there was nuker nearby.
Not lethal on it own, it can become extreme lethal if combine with other attribute.
Dodging fast is key to avoid this attribute, as you have around 3 seconds before egg exploded.
"A skill that is activated frequently and sends several small bombs from the zombie towards the player. The bombs have a minimum distance and will not hit the player within a certain range."
Stay near zombie which has this skill is the best way to stay alive as there is minimum distance. Thinking of it as mortar of sort and you would want to stay near it as much as possible.
If you have weapon that cause negative effect then it useless against this. Better to fight them off with your most damaging weapon rather than using DoT weapon as it will not work.